Milo S. King was an employee of Fort Ticonderoga serving as General Manager from 1919 to 1948 and during this time he also served as Curator of Arms and Ordnance from 1935 to 1948. Milo cast his hollowcast lead "Colonial Soldiers" at Fort Ticonderoga during the early 1930's and well into the 1940's to be sold as souvenirs in the gift shop. The "Colonial Soldiers, at attention" were cast using German moulds, but the "Mounted Colonial Officer" was definitely a re-worked Metal Cast mould. Sometime around 1933 Milo acquired a Lincoln Logs LL12 Foot soldier of 1776 mould and re-worked it to read "TICONDEROGA" on the bottom of the figure. The figures were then painted by Florence Crowinshield. The molding, painting and casting are of very good quality. Through various color schemes, the soldiers are painted to look like American, French and British Colonial Soldiers.